- On our website
- In email, text message, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
- Through desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party.
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website. Our Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and/or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collection and Use of Information
Information You Provide to Us
- Identity Data: Includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, social media usernames/handles and/or gender.
- Profile Data: Includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, feedback, responses, preferences in receiving marketing from us and communication preferences.
- Financial and Transaction Data: Includes bank account, payment card details and/or details about payments to and from you and other details of Services you have purchased from us.
- Contact Data: Includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Participation Data: Includes information received through participation in any interactive features of our Services, surveys, contests, promotions, biographical information, source code, requests for customer support or information you choose to otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect, store, use, and/or transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Technical Data: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, access time, pages viewed, pages you visited before navigating to our Services, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Technical Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data, which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Information We Collect from Sub-processors: A sub-processor is a third-party data processor engaged by Algorithmia, who has or potentially will have access to or process information you provide to us or we collect automatically. Algorithmia engages different types of data sub-processors to perform various functions as explained in the chart below. A list of sub-processors engaged by Algorithmia is maintained at https://algorithmia.com/privacy/subprocessors .
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including, for example, to register you as a new customer, to process and deliver your order including managing payments, fees and charges;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Algorithmia and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Deliver relevant website content and/or advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Administer and protect our business and our Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting data).
Transfer of Information to Other Countries
Sharing of Information
- With certain trusted vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as payment processors for billing services;
- With other users when you create an algorithm or otherwise participate in the interactive features of our Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Algorithmia or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your express consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may fully anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided By Others
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at email@example.com , but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Algorithmia by following the instructions in those communications or by visiting https://www.algorithmia.com/optout . If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Access, Erasure and Correction
The laws in the European Economic Area and certain jurisdictions outside the United States, require us to provide users (to the extent those laws apply to such users) with information related to access, erasure and correction. Upon request Algorithmia will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you would like to review, delete or update your information, you may contact us using the contact information below. We will permit you to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete or amend your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. You will need to provide sufficient identifying information, such as your name and email address and possible additional identifying information as a security precaution.